MANILA, Philippines -- The Bureau of Immigration has deported a foreigner arrested for alleged swindling in Davao City two years ago, Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan said.
Masahiro Tashima, 47, and identified as a Japanese national was deported after a two-year-old case against him before the Lapu-Lapu City regional trial court was dismissed, Libanan said.
Read more on Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Libanan declares war on foreign ‘escorts’
- BI nabs German wanted for computer fraud
- Immigration officer sacked over human smuggling at...
- 15 ‘tourist workers’ with spurious travel document...
- Immigration deports foreign swindler in Davao City...
- BI’s last resort vs trafficking: Warn would-be ill...
- 2 Malaysians linked to human trafficking deported
- Immigration bureau may exceed 2008 revenue target
- BI opens satellite offices
- Foreign office, immigration branch out to the prov...
- Bureau of Immigration opens office in Taytay
- BI to deport convicted British pedophile
- 15 foreigners deported as BI decongests Bicutan ja...
- BI has beefed up its task force processing thousan...
- 3 Indians to be deported for molesting woman, carr...
- BI nabs 3 Indians accused of molesting Filipina
- ▼ September (16)